The idea of bringing a half marathon to the London Borough of Ealing was first discussed in 2011 by a group of friends and runners training with Ealing Eagles Running Club. The hope was that the event would inspire people in the borough and beyond to take up running as well as inviting runners and their supporters to Ealing for the weekend.
As an official not-for-profit Community Interest Company, our aim is simple, to organise and manage a fully road closed mass participation race to raise a surplus which is ploughed back into community projects.
After months of hard work in planning the event and securing a suitable route, the first event took place on Sunday 30th September 2012.
In just three years we are delighted to have achieved the following awards:
- Number One Half Marathon in the UK – The Running Awards 2015
- Number One Half Marathon in the UK – The Running Awards 2014
- Number One for Atmosphere 2013 – Runner’s World
- In the top 10 Half Marathon’s 2012 – Runner’s World
Participants of the Ealing Half marathon benefit from:
- Chip timing
- Bottled water
- West London’s only traffic free half marathon course
- A UKA measured course
- Quality medals
- And great local support & 700 volunteers to get you round on the day