Each year hundreds of students from around the country take part in exciting fundraising activities to raise money and awareness for CRY.
To help those fundraising at school, college or university we have created a special leaflet to help pupils and students get the most out of their efforts. This leaflet sits alongside our fundraising pack to help you come up with your next fundraiser, and shows how CRY can provide help.
Below are some ideas to help you get started……
Fundraising Ideas for Primary Schools
It is wonderful when children start fundraising at such an early age and there are still lots of ways that they can get involved with their parent’s help. Some of these ideas include:
- BRING & BUY SALES – Raise money from your unwanted items.
- SCHOOL DISCO – Get the children to don their gladrags and dance!
- WORLD BOOK DAY – Get the children to dress up as their favourite book character for a donation.
- SPORTS DAY – A great way to incorporate fundraising in an annual school tradition. Get the parents to donate to come and watch.
- RECYCLING – Encourage your families to bring in items for recycling. Ranging from stamps to mobile phones, get in touch to find out what you could recycle to benefit CRY.
- SPONSORED….. – There are so many opportunities to gain sponsorship from running to silence. Choose your event and get the whole school involved!
Fundraising Ideas for Secondary Schools
Exciting fundraising activities that will help your students to develop as well as raise money. There are lots of ideas for schools to fundraise and these include:
- TALENT COMPETITION – Get the students to showcase their talents and raise money by selling tickets to parents .
- BOOK SALE – Sell your old books to other students to raise money for CRY.
- CAR WASH – Get students and teachers to wash cars in the school grounds to raise funds.
- MUFTI DAY – The simplest and most common fundraising opportunity, charge a donation to wear your own clothes.
- FUN RUN – Charge an entry fee and take your route out of the school to get the local community involved.
- SEASONAL FETES/FAIRS – Winter or summer; indoors or outdoors. There are plenty of opportunities to theme your fair whatever time of the year.
Fundraising Ideas for Universities
If you are at University then there are a number of ways you can get involved to support CRY through your RAG, sports team, societies or as an individual.
- RAG RAIDS – RAG raid bucket collections are a great way to raise money as they are simple to organise and can be really fun!
- RAG EVENTS – School discos, traffic light parties, summer and winter balls, etc give great opportunities to include a fundraising element.
- QUIZ NIGHTS – You don’t have to be up to university challenge standard to raise money with a quiz at your student bar!
- BAR CRAWLS – Add a fundraising element to your Wednesday bar crawl!
- CAMPUS RUN – Why not organise a fun run/walk on your campus to raise money for CRY. Don’t forget to run all your health & safety checks first though!
- KARAOKE NIGHT – Run your own X Factor contest in your halls or bar!
- BUNGEE JUMP – Bring the adrenaline to your campus with a company that organises mobile jumps!