If you are planning to raise funds, we recommend using Just Giving, a global online social platform for giving.
Make a page and share it online with your family and friends. Anyone can donate with a credit/debit card from anywhere in the world. Just Giving sends your donations straight to CRY and you can opt-in for Gift Aid (on eligible donations).
How to create your page
1. Go to https://www.justgiving.com/
2. Click ‘Start Fundraising’
3. You will be asked if you are fundraising for a charity or for your own cause. If you wish for the money you raise to go directly to CRY, click ‘A Charity’.
4. It will then ask you to log in. Either enter your existing details or register for an account.
5. You will then be taken to a search tool where you can enter ‘Cardiac Risk in the Young’ – Select the top choice.
6. Then you can select what type of event and/or fundraising that you are doing. For example, “Remembering someone” or “Taking part in an event”
7. Depending on what you select, you will be asked to fill in further details.
8. After that, you can click “Create Your Page” and your page is created!
Personalising your page
You can personalise your page to suit your requirements. You can add a message, photos, videos and set a fundraising target. It is also possible to share a link to your page on social media. If you would like your page to be in memory of someone, please state this in the text and description on the page.
Share your page
The more you tell people about your page, the more donations you’ll attract…
• Send an email to friends, family, colleagues and so on, telling them about the event you are doing, and include the web address of your Just Giving page. Email the link for your fundraising page to everyone in your address book.
• Promote your fundraising page on the social networking site of your choice and via your blog if you have one.
• Keep your friends, family and contacts updated on your progress with regular emails. Remind them to donate if they haven’t already.
Setting up a JustGiving page is quite straightforward. If you are uncertain about setting it up yourself, then please
contact the fundraising team in the CRY office on 01737 363222 or by email: email@example.com.