If you are planning to raise funds, we recommend using Virgin Money Giving, a “not for profit” service which means more of the money raised will reach CRY!
Make a page and share it online with your family and friends. Anyone can donate with a credit/debit card from anywhere in the world. Virgin Money Giving sends your donations straight to CRY and reclaims Gift Aid automatically (on eligible donations) on our behalf.
How to create your page
- Visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/charities/c-r-y.
- Click on the ‘Start fundraising’ button (if you’re new to VMG you will be asked to register your details).
- Type the name of your event in the box ‘What are you doing to raise money’ (If your event is organised by yourself please click ‘Doing something else’ and add the date of your event) then click ‘Next’.
- Select the charity and then ‘No’ on ‘Has your charity contributed to the cost of your event?’
- Then click on ‘Create my page’.
Personalising your page
You can personalise your page to suit your requirements. You can add a message, photos, videos and set a fundraising target. It is also possible to share a link to your page on social media. If you would like your page to be in memory of someone, please state this in the text and description on the page.
Please note: The ‘fundraising as a team’ section can only be used if all team members have registered with Virgin Money Giving. There is an opportunity to include team members in your description later if other members of your team would prefer not to register on Virgin Money Giving.
Share your page
The more you tell people about your page, the more donations you’ll attract…
- Send an email to friends, family, colleagues and so on, telling them about the event you are doing, and include the web address of your Virgin Money Giving page. Email the link for your fundraising page to everyone in your address book.
- The short link, for ease of use, is shown on your page just under the title and your name and will be emailed to you when you set up your page.
- Promote your fundraising page on the social networking site of your choice and via your blog if you have one.
- Keep your friends, family and contacts updated on your progress with regular emails. Remind them to donate if they haven’t already.
Setting up a Virgin Money Giving page is quite straightforward. If you are uncertain about setting it up yourself, then please
contact the fundraising team in the CRY office on 01737 363222 or by email: email@example.com.